Saturday Cinema Challenge

OK - I missed the last TWO! of these so I am taking no chances on what looks like another busy work week. SO here is my entry for Miracle on 34th Street.

mon34

I know this line is not in the movie (and that the little girls name is Susan in the movie) but this is what I always think of when I watch this movie. The reference "Yes Virginia There is a Santa Claus comes from a child writing to the Sun Newpaper and the editor answering with the spirit of the season.

The card uses Bazzil Paper and Ribbon I forget the patterned paper brand. The Santa stamp is from Oriental Trading and the Letters are Studio G wooden letters. This is colored in with a combination of Tim Holtz inks (with the SU blender pen), Koh-i-nor pencils with mineral spirits and liquid applique. Brads, floss and a decorative eyelet round it out.

mon34

mon34

Comments

Ann said…
Love your liquid applique Santa! :D
Never tried that liquid appliqué. Will have to give it a go, it's such a great texture.
Angie Tieman said…
What a great card! Love that big ribbon and the fluffy white detail on Santa!
Sankari W. said…
Tracy! LOVE the way you did the sentiment (it is so perfect for the theme of this movie) Your card has fabulous texture and love the big bow and love how you did the inside with the little candy cane - your card is just very merry very sweet!!

and I can't believe that you live 5 minutes from the Mall of America - my DH family lives 10 min away - so we definitely have to plan a shopping spree at the Mall :) I will let you know as soon as we get the green light for our leave absence card :) what fun! i am totalllly excited!!

so glad you had time playing this week - its always so much fun to see your awesome creative takes on these challenges!

sending you lots of best wishes,
sankari :)
Anonymous said…
I just love this. Way to go on the liquid applique.
Sherri said…
How absolutely adorable! ...and I love that ribbon!!
Nicole said…
Very sweet. Love that ribbon!
Anonymous said…
Love this cute Santa! Very sweet!!
smiles,Deena
Becky said…
Too sweet! I love the applique!
Anonymous said…
beautiful Santa card :)

MJ
Sam said…
Gorgeous card Tracy.

Sam.
Kathryn said…
HOw FABULOUS -- love the Santa and the liquid Applique - -I too have some of that stuff - but have never used it -- It looks so FUN - and fantastic on your Santa's hat!! :)
Jules said…
Cute card! Love the puffy texture!
Tina said…
Too cute, the applique is the perfect touch!

Popular posts from this blog

I will be MIA....

Snowman Challenge