Color Throw Down Challenge CTD#500

I participated in the color throw down challenge this week. It happened to be their big 5-0-0. Wow! That's a lot of challenges. I loved the colors and tried to make a card that highlighted them.
The challenge can be found here.


I used Honey Bees Spring Blossoms stamps and dies for the flowers. Gina K for the sentiment stamp. The blossoms were stamped with Simon Says Stamp Clear ink and embossed with Nuvo glitter gold embossing powder. 

The flowers were watercolored using Tim Holtz distress ink (Spun Sugar and Blueprint Sketch) and to match the sentiment color I used TH Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch. I added a little Spun Sugar to the background as well, to add some interest. 

I cut the frames from a set of stitched rectangle dies in my stash and popped it up on foam tape. I layered the blooms inside and added the one to the frame. 

Comments

Wanda Cullen said…
Beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Your gold frame really pops! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge this week!
Vickie Z said…
Yes, I love the gold frame too! Looks wonderful with the blush background and navy flowers! So happy you joined us at CTD!
zukesgirl said…
Thanks so much for your kind words. I still don't know how to reply to comments! Sigh.

Popular posts from this blog

Saturday Cinema Challenge

I will be MIA....

Snowman Challenge